Ethics Committee approval for a Multi -country survey

Ethics Committee approval for a Multi -country survey  

By: Joby V George on April 13, 2018, 8:29 a.m.

Hello to all resesearchers across the globe,

Introducing myself as Joby George,Nurse researcher from India,I need an expert guidance on a topic,I would be interested to know from researchers across the globe on this case,Lets say,I'm interested to conduct a multi country survey on nurses in 10 countries world wide on any topic to assess their knowledge,understanding and thereby to improve there career pathway ,in this case,do i need to take EC approval from all the 10 countries,or conseidering the nature of the survey,only EC approval to be taken from the coordintaing centre?please let me know your thoughts on this,Searcher online a lot,however everywhere lacks some clarity.Excited to hear.

Regards,

Joby

Re: Ethics Committee approval for a Multi -country survey  

By: Mehraz Boolaky on April 23, 2018, 2:57 p.m.

Dear Joby

I think it should be OK to have EC approval so long as the questions are general in nature and do not target vulnerable persons and children - this is not the case in your studies. If you are going for anonymous responses, again there is no fear in as far as data protection regarding an individual is concerned. We are currently conducting online research that targets students from several countries of the world and this is acceptable for our institution that granted us permission through an official application to the Ethics committee.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

mehraz

Mehraz Boolaky

AuthorAID Community Moderator