Welcome to our Journal Club area!

Welcome to our Journal Club area!  

By: Andy Nobes on March 4, 2018, 1:21 p.m.

Dear researchers,

Welcome to the new area that we have created specifically for journal clubs.

More information and resources will be posted here soon - in the meantime, please post a message (click New Topic) to introduce yourself. Please tell us:

• Which institution and country you are from
  • Your research interest.

And optionally:

• What learning and interaction you would expect from a journal club
  • What tools you are familiar with and would like to use ( Live video/skype/Google Hangout/social media, or just this forum?)
  • If you are interested in being a mentor or moderator?

Please also tell us if you have any tips or ideas on running journal clubs - whether they be face-to-face or online.

Best wishes

Andy

Andy Nobes

Forum Administrator

Re: Welcome to our Journal Club area!  

By: Oyebisi Azeez on March 4, 2018, 3:44 p.m.

My name is Dr Azeez Oyebisi M, from University of Ilorin. This is the first time iam joining an online journal club. I need to be guided on how to go about it. My area of research is Physiology (cardiovascular functions, ECG)

By: Mir Sakhawat Hossain on March 5, 2018, 5:03 a.m.

Hello I am Mir Sakhawat Hossain. I am from Bangladesh. My research interests are Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy.

Sincerely

Mir Sakhawat Hossain

Department of Mathematics

Kabi Nazrul Government College

Dhaka, Bangladesh

Phone: +8801726801630

Official Email

By: Joseph Orinda Orinda on March 6, 2018, 10:23 a.m.

Hi everyone,

My name is Joseph Orinda, a research assistant from Kenya Medical Research Institute in Kisumu, Kenya. My research interest is in Public health and disease prevention especially HIV research. I'm interested in the Journal club and mentorship.

By: Folasade Oderinde on March 8, 2018, 12:25 p.m.

Hello everyone.I am Dr Sade Oderinde. I work with the TAi Solarin University of Education in Nigeria.My area is Geography with interest in climate change mitigation and resilience of ecosystems

By: Chukwuemeka Enoch Mbaebie on March 8, 2018, 1 p.m.

Hello Team,

I'm Enoch Mbaebie, a research officer in The Redeemed Christian Church Of God,Nigeria. My interest is to affect lives innovately and reduce division in the Body of Christ through collaboration. I'm interested in this club, mentorship and familiar with all social handles mentioned.

By: Katwesige Wycliff on March 8, 2018, 2:04 p.m.

Hello

I am  Katwesige Wycliff a Masters of Public Health student finalist at Texila American University, I am passionate about building a strong Public Health career. I have interst in Public health research and collaborations. I would like to declare my interest in the Journal club and mentorship as well.

By: Samwel Mchele Limbu on March 8, 2018, 4:20 p.m.

Hi everyone, 

I'm Samwel Limbu, I work for the University of Dar es Salaam based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. I am a researcher and lecturer of Aquaculture. I am interested in journal club.

Samwel

By: J. Efren Ramirez Bribiesca on March 9, 2018, 4:33 a.m.

Hello my name is Efren I am working in Mexico in animal science research.

By: Nneka Onwuachi-Iheagwara on March 11, 2018, 2:53 a.m.

I am Nneka Onwuachi-Iheagwara. I am a geo-scientist with the department of petroleum engineering, Delta State University Oleh, Nigeria. My areas of expertise are drilling fluids and cementation. I am also into remote sensing applications in geologic and exploration studies.

I am very interested in the Journal club. I would like to have paper discussions with scientists and Engineers with the same interests. But broad multidisciplinary discussion would not be completely out of place as most research's multi-faceted and multidisciplinary in nature.

I am not very much into social networks (facebook, twitter, and Skype) but I use what apps. A forum structure like this is OK. There may also hyperlink on the web pages of the forum for the upload of videos and audio files e.t.c,

In the journal club, I cannot be a Moderator or a Mentor (I am an introvert) but collaboration in research would be OK...

The objectives as expressed by Aurelia M. Munene on 02/26/2018 are very beautiful and I hope it can all be implemented.

Bye for now.

Warm regards

P. N.Onwuachi-Iheagwara

+234 80723 5585

Department of Petroleum Engineering,

Delta State University, Oleh, Nigeria

Please, I am interested in joining the journal club.  

By: Monday S. Adiaha on March 22, 2018, 11:45 p.m.

Hi Everyone,

Please, I am  interested in joining the  journal club.
I anticipate your kind consideration, and look forward to hearing from you all.

Kind regards,
Monday S. Adiaha
Researcher/Scientist
Department of Agronomy, Cross River University of  Technology, Faculty
of Agriculture, Obubra, Cross River state, Nigeria.

By: Olabisi Ogunrinola on March 23, 2018, 7:10 a.m.

Hello team,

I am Dr. Ogunrinola Olabisi, Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos Nigeria, a Biochemist.

I am please to be part of the journal club.

Thank you.