Stanford Biostatistics/ Meta-analysis/Project Support Traineeship - online one-on-one intensive program

Feedback from previous applicants: My host mentor is fantastic. We are currently developing a research topic. He has been very helpful and his teaching sessions are well planned. I currently have no complaint or area that I feel requires improvement.

Four areas will be covered

• Basic and Advanced Meta-Analysis Traineeship- I
  • Biostatistics Traineeship – Flexible program depending on the candidate’s interest-II
  • Biostatistics support for Grant application-III
  • Data analysis and publication support help for ongoing projects-IV

Selected merit category candidates from African countries and the Middle Eastern nations will be given priority improve quality of science in these countries. The faculty commits to help you publish at least one papers in your area of interest. Academic physicians/physicians in community practice/medical students/biostatisticians/ health professionals in general can all apply. Please refer your students or fellows. You can sit at home and publish meta-analysis papers by doing literature search online. The details can be perused at Stanford Meta-Analysis Traineeship

Here are some advantages:

• Intensive one-on-one Training Fellowship: Your host will closely work with you
  • Flexibility: You can start the program anytime over the next one year (1st of 15th of any month)
  • Long-Term Collaboration: Between you and the host mentor
  • You will Publish a paper: your mentor will work with you on an ongoing basis until at least a paper is published
  • Mentor References: You get good references from your mentor for your future.
  • Expertise: You can focus on the techniques and the areas that interest you.
  • Certification: You will receive a certificate on the host’s letterhead.
I .Meta-Analysis One-on-One Online Traineeship: SIT AT HOME AND PUBLISH

This is a Trialect partnered program with the faculty of Stanford University. You will receive a certificate certifying that you received trialect-partnered traineeship on the letterhead of the Stanford Faculty.

• How to design a protocol for systematic review and meta-analysis,
  • How to perform literature search, assess quality of included studies, perform meta-analysis (fixed and random model, network meta-analysis, tests for publication bias),
  • Lead time bias
  • Appraisal of quality of evidence by means of GRADE criteria,
  • How to write a meta-analysis paper and submit the final manuscript.

This is an exclusive online hands-on fellowship in which you will receive training in the techniques described and work on a projects of your choice and co-author papers.

• First part of the traineeship: 5 online classes on basics (via Skype)

• Second part of the traineeship: development of a scientific project aimed at publishing a paper in an impacted journal (direct contact with the host via Skype or email).

Overall Plan

• How to perform literature search
  • Quality assessment of studies; How to abstract data from trials
  • Approach to statistical methodology in meta-analysis; Exercises with main statistic programs (RevMan, R, Metanalyst)
  • How to appraise quality of evidence (GRADE criteria)
  • Critical revision of recent meta-analyses
  • Frontal lesson: Approach to network meta-analysis
  • Analysis and interpretation of data
  • How to write a protocol for meta-analysis
  • Writing of the paper.

Each skype conference will aim to revise and update the work done and lead the fellow to successive steps of the protocol.

II .Biostatistics Traineeship -

Something about everything or you can pick and choose what you want to accomplish and your host will help you

III .Grant application with biostatistics support

Your host will review and help you with the trial/study related biostatistics for grant application

I .Biostatistics for ongoing study

Your host will help and teach you how to analyse the data and the right statistics to apply for data analysis

Costs involved in the fellowship program:

• Service fee : $290 (after you are accepted for fellowship program)

• Basic and Advanced Meta-Analysis Traineeship- $699 USD

• Biostatistics Traineeship – Flexible program depending on the candidate’s interest-$699 USD
  • Biostatistics support for Grant application-$699 USD
  • Data analysis and publication support help for ongoing projects-$1199

• Any one of the above - $699 USD (except the last category, which is $1200 USD)

• Any two of the above - $1279 USD (except the last category, and if included then it is $1799 USD)
  • Any three of the above - $1799 USD
  • All of the above - $2399 USD

Please send your CV, Letter of Intent, and which program are you seeking (I,II,III,IV, or a combination of the above) to Traineeships@trialect.com

Brief Description

Stanford Biostatistics/ Meta-analysis/Project Support Traineeship - online one-on-one intensive program

Host: Faculty of Stanford University

Feedback from previous applicants:

"My host mentor is fantastic. We are currently developing a research topic. He has been very helpful and his teaching sessions are well planned. I currently have no complaint or area that I feel requires improvement."

Target City, Country Health professionals from around the world can apply, Nigeria
Field of Interest biostatistics, meta-analysis, metaanalysis, all fields
Eligibility Criteria

All health professionals from around the world are invited to apply

Deadline 04/28/2018
Total Value See above
Link to Website https://www.stanford.edu
Uploaded Sponsor Image

Sponsor Name Faculty from Stanford University
Headquarters and Contact

Faculty from Stanford University

Please send your CV, Letter of Intent, and which program are you seeking (I,II,III,IV, or a combination of the above) to Traineeships@trialect.com