How to Identify a conference is authentic or fake??

How to Identify a conference is authentic or fake??  

By: Saira Shahnawaz on April 2, 2018, 4:05 p.m.

I need suggestion and guidance about a conference authentication. Euroscicon is authentic or fake?? Kindly guide me.

Re: How to Identify a conference is authentic or fake??  

By: Alan Parker on April 4, 2018, 9:48 a.m.

Euroscicon is fake.

It's on Beall's list Beall says avoid Scicon

And he's not the only one: Euroscicon is part of the notorious OMICS group

Alan Parker

AuthorAID Community Moderator

By: Saira Shahnawaz on April 14, 2018, 7:11 a.m.

Thanks Mr.Alan Parker for your valuable reply. Can you guide further, how to select/judge the right, authentic Conference??

By: Wilberforce Manoah Jahonga on April 16, 2018, 3:55 p.m.

Recently i was tasked by my Principal to organize for an academic conference where i expect academic staff within and without to participate in paper presentation. One of my first assignment was to think through possible theme and subtheme, i have also organised for a workshop on capacity building. Just wondering if this is predatory in nature? We are a national Polytechnic in Kenya. Advise

By: Wilberforce Manoah Jahonga on April 16, 2018, 4 p.m.

Mr. Alan, what would be your advise for upcoming conference planners? Should they also be given time for wings to develop? I f not what kind of collaboraton can one forge to ensure that research work especially at Instituional level is of best quality?

Last edited by: Wilberforce Manoah Jahonga on Oct. 2, 2018, 12:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: Andy Nobes on May 3, 2018, 12:33 p.m.

Hi Saira and Wilberforce,

I understand that it can be difficult to identify good quality conferences these days, especially with so many fake events being advertised on the internet. My advise is to look for events that are associated with or co-sponsored by well-known international societies or institutions. I wrote some more in-depth guidelines on this blog:

What are ‘predatory’ conferences and how can I avoid them? http://www.authoraid.info/en/news/details/1156/

There is a new resource with similar advice called 'Think.Check.Attend' which you can find online here: https://thinkcheckattend.org/

I hope this helps

Andy

Andy Nobes

Forum Administrator