Identifying Predator Journals ¶
By: Girum Ayalneh on Dec. 28, 2018, 1:19 p.m.
I was searching articles about the research I am doing and found some articles, which are more or less related to my research areas, but I suspected that some of those articles were published in the suspicious journals (at least in my view, but not sure). To make sure, I was wandering if you can help me that which of the following journals are suspicious for you too. Can you explain me which of the following journals are really predatory or are not? Some of the journals are listed as a predatory journals in this site: (https://predatoryjournals.com/journals/ )
List of journals I suspect that they could be a predatory journals (still I am not sure, I want to know you opennion)
1. Asian Journal of Chemistry (http://www.asianjournalofchemistry.co.in/Home.aspx)
2. Asian journal of Nanoscience and Materials (http://www.ajnanomat.com/)
3.International journal of Phytomedicine (http://www.arjournals.org/index.php/ijpm/index)
4. Science, Technology and Arts Research Journal (https://www.ajol.info/index.php/star)
5. International Journal of Nutrition food science (http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/journal/index?journalid=153)
6. Journal of Indian Chemical Society(https://www.scimagojr.com/journalsearch.php?q=24097&tip=sid)
7. Acta Chimica Solvenica (https://acta.chem-soc.si/)
8. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (https://www.springer.com/chemistry/physical+chemistry/journal/10973)
If some of the journals are not really suspecious and are good journals and if one of you are the owner or the member of those journals, I hope the issue I raised will not ofend you. If this offends you, I appologize to you in avance!