Ten simple rules for structuring papers

Ten simple rules for structuring papers  

By: Andy Nobes on Nov. 2, 2017, 10:34 a.m.

Hi everyone,

I recently spotted this article which may be useful:

"Good scientific writing is essential to career development and to the progress of science. A well-structured manuscript allows readers and reviewers to get excited about the subject matter, to understand and verify the paper’s contributions, and to integrate these contributions into a broader context. However, many scientists struggle with producing high-quality manuscripts and are typically untrained in paper writing. Focusing on how readers consume information, we present a set of ten simple rules to help you communicate the main idea of your paper. These rules are designed to make your paper more influential and the process of writing more efficient and pleasurable." http://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1005619

Let me know if you have any comments

Andy Nobes

Forum Administrator

Re: Ten simple rules for structuring papers  

By: Amii Isaac Usese on Nov. 6, 2017, 4:13 a.m.

My name is Amii Usese, a Lecturer in the Department of Marine Sciences,

Faculty of Science-University of Lagos

Nigeria.

Dear Andy,

Thank you for this link and the information.

Very helpful.

By: Abdullahi Iliyasu on Nov. 21, 2017, 1:26 p.m.

My name is Abdullahi Iliyasu Takatsaba student of Tests and Measurement Bayero University, Kano Nigeria

Thank you very much for the article you shared. The information is really helpful

Last edited by: Abdullahi Iliyasu on March 18, 2019, 12:46 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: Indra Lal Acharja on Nov. 21, 2017, 3:54 p.m.

Thank you very much Andy sir, for sharing this invaluable piece of information.

By: Richard de Grijs on Feb. 8, 2018, 12:25 p.m.

Dear Andy,

Thank you for posting this link, and a few other "Ten Simple Rules" papers. For anyone searching for useful insights into various aspects of research and publication, the Ten Simple Rules collection of PLOS Computational Biology is a really good resource: http://collections.plos.org/ten-simple-rules

Richard 

Richard de Grijs

Community Moderator