Applying to be a Global Leadership Fellow ¶
By: Felix Emeka Anyiam on Feb. 10, 2019, 4:59 a.m.
FELLOWSHIP REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
The Alliance for Science Global Leadership Fellows Program is an extremely intensive 12-week experiential training course. We seek participants with extraordinary leadership drive, a high level of engagement in professional networks, and a passion for enhancing food security, environmental sustainability, and access to scientific innovations such as agricultural biotechnology to help meet the formidable global challenges of today. Applicants to the 12-week Fellows Program should be prepared for long days of instruction, complex subject matter, homework assignments, some weekend and evening activities, and active participation in both their country groups and the larger 2019 cohort of Fellows.
The 2019 Global Leadership Fellows Program will be held August 26-November 15 at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, which is about a four-hour drive from New York City.
- The Fellowship training is conducted in English. Applicants must be proficient in English to participate.
- Full course participation is required. If you are unable to commit to the full 12-week program, we may not be able to consider your participation.
- Pre-course readings and homework will be assigned to incoming participants to complete prior to the start of the program.
- Participants will need use of a personal laptop for the training. If you are admitted to the program and laptop access will be a problem, please just let us know.
- Living space will be shared. Training participants will live with other participants of the same gender in apartments around Ithaca, New York. Each participant will have a private bedroom. Bathrooms and common space will be shared. Some apartments will be located walking distance to Cornell University campus and some will require use of a local bus.
- Participants will need a valid passport that remains valid for the next 12 months in order to secure a travel visa.
HOW TO APPLY TO THE GLOBAL LEADERSHIP FELLOWS PROGRAM
We use an online application form that does not permit applicants to save information as they work in the document. To avoid the loss of your work, we strongly suggest you develop and save your responses in a draft application, then copy and paste the information from that document into the online form when you are ready to submit. Additionally, one application question requires a video response that must be recorded, uploaded, and transcribed in advance. Applicants may access a sample application here.
Applicants who are ready to apply — and that includes having already recorded and uploaded their one-minute video on YouTube — may fill out the online registration form.
The deadline for applying is March 1, 2019. Any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
For more information and Application: https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/education/global-leadership-fellowship/applying-global-leadership-fellow/
Felix Emeka Anyiam
Research Officer & Data Analyst/Scientist
Centre for Health and Development
University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
Top Floor, Medical Library Building
University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH), Port Harcourt
River State, Nigeria.
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2774-7406
Skype ID: @felix.emeka.anyiam
tel: +234 (0) 806 499 5462
I don't mind not knowing. It doesn't scare me. - Richard Feynman
To consult the statistician after an experiment is finished is often merely to ask him to conduct a post mortem examination. He can perhaps say what the experiment died of. -Ronald A. Fisher.
This message has been scanned for malware by Avast. www.avast.com