Data Analytics and Visualization Consultancy - Kenya - Submission Deadline: July 15, 2019 ¶
By: Felix Emeka Anyiam on July 11, 2019, 5:50 a.m.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe USAID funded County Measurement Learning and Accountability Program (CMLAP II) project aims to improve capacity of County Health Management Teams (CHMTs) in data management systems to generate quality data and perform data analytics while strengthening demand for and use of routine data, surveys and surveillance for program planning and management. In order to realize this objective, the project will support counties by development of a data analytics frameworks in both HIV and Reproductive Maternal, New-born Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) program in order to promote data driven decision making, planning and implementation of health programs.
A robust county monitoring, evaluation and learning system generates a large volume of data from a variety of systems including DHIS2, EMRs however, this data is rarely analysed and when it is, it is often analysed in non-standard formats that makes it difficult to assess and compare health outcomes between counties, sub counties, wards and facilities. The quality and completeness of the data is also often brought into question. This has over time led to limited utilization of information for planning and decision making.
ResponsibilitiesCMLAP II plans to adapt existing resources and apply lessons learned from previous capacity building efforts among the SI partners in Palladium to train select CHMT and Sub CHMT members. This training will equip about 40 county and sub county leaders from 9 counties with skills required to extract, analyse and effectively visualize HIV, RMNCAH data from multiple sources (KHIS, EMRs, etc.). The counties will use existing data analytics tools including Ms Excel, PowerBi, Tableau Public, QGIS etc.to analyse and visualize data for informed decision making.
Purpose of Assignment:
To build capacity of County and Sub County Health Management Teams analyse, interpret and visualize as well as develop products that can be used regularly to inform decisions on the County.
- Work with the CMLAP II team to develop a five-day schedule for data analytics and visualization (including basic GIS) training
- In consultation with the relevant CMLAP II team, develop content for the data analytics training including resource materials and presentations
- Lead the team in abstracting data from the Kenya Health Information System (KHIS) to aid in the data analytics training
- Avail the analysed and disaggregated data sets for data visualizations
- Lead the data analysis and visualisation (including basic GIS) training
- Support the county teams to develop data analytics information products aligned to the county requirements
- Develop a training report
- Workshop Schedule
- Workshop Training presentations and curriculum
- Data Analytics information products
- Final Training Report and attendee logs
RequirementsTrainers: Palladium will hire a Lead Consultant and will consider hiring up to two additional consultants with similar qualifications and based on submissions received.
Minimum Qualification Requirements - Lead Consultant:
- Over 10 years work experience training of health workers or managers, preferably in the HIV sector
- Previous experience in modelling or estimations for health indicators
- Previous experience working with counties in Kenya
- Skilled in data analytics using Ms Excel, QGIS, PowerBi or Tableau
- Skilled trainer with an existing data analytics and visualization training curriculum and content that has been tested and rolled out in the past
A proposal for this assignment with the following components
1. Technical Approach:
- Understanding of the specific scope of work and delivery mode (Max 3 pages).
- Curriculum that will be used for the training
3. CV for the Lead Consultant, and CVs for any additional consultants/team members proposed to work on this assignment. CVs must detail work experience with similar assignments.
4. Three references per consultant proposed.
- Identification and invitation of trainees
- Procurement of training venue
- Provision of transport and accommodation for Consultants
- Payment of per diem and transport for trainees
- Printing of training materials for the participants
Submission Deadline: July 15, 2019
To apply, kindly visit: http://thepalladiumgroup.com/jobs/Data-Analytics-and-Visualization-Consultancy-VN7137