TRAVEL GRANTS WITHOUT CONFERENCE PRESENTATION

TRAVEL GRANTS WITHOUT CONFERENCE PRESENTATION  

By: Mulokozi Jackson on Feb. 20, 2018, 9:07 p.m.

Hello colleagues,

Are there any funding opportunities for travel grants without conference presentation?  Travel for activities such as  Aquaculture exhibitions in UK and travel for graduation to UK.

Thanks,

Mulokozi Jackson

Re: TRAVEL GRANTS WITHOUT CONFERENCE PRESENTATION  

By: Richard de Grijs on Feb. 21, 2018, 1:20 a.m.

Hello Mulokozi Jackson,

Short-term travel grants are usually linked to specific events, and so conferences are the main beneficiaries. There are various funding opportunities that include a travel component without specific conference attendance, but they tend to focus on longer-term projects. Their aims may include funding travel in order to take up a place on a course (at any level), seed funding to explore international collaborative projects, etc. Since this is very subject specific, you will need to check this yourself for your own subject. Good luck -- and let us know if you find something!

Richard de Grijs

Community Moderator

By: Andy Nobes on Feb. 22, 2018, 10:06 a.m.

Hi Mulokozi,

That's a good question, and I think Richard's response is good - it depends on the specific activity.

I have moved this question to the 'Funding, scholarships and opportunities' section.

Andy

Andy Nobes

Forum Administrator

By: Mulokozi Jackson on Feb. 22, 2018, 6:45 p.m.

Thank you Andy and Richard for your guidance. However, I wish other members can help to identify websites or organizations where I can try my luck. I remain optmistic.