Welcome to the Education and Science Communication Journal Club!

Welcome to the Education and Science Communication Journal Club!  

By: Alejandra Arreola Triana on March 4, 2019, 3:37 p.m.

Welcome to the Education and Science Communication Journal Club! I am Alex, and I have a masters in science journalism and I teach science writing at the graduate and undergraduate levels at the College of Biological Sciences of the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, in México. 

On Friday, every two weeks, I will share with you an interesting paper dealing with science writing, science communication, or science education. I will write a brief description, and we can all discuss the strenghts and weaknesses of the paper, and most importantly, how we can use the information to improve our practice in the lab or in the classroom. 

I look forward to reading and learning alongside all of you!

A

Alex Arreola | México

AuthorAID Community Moderator

Last edited by: Alejandra Arreola Triana on March 18, 2019, 12:48 p.m., edited 3 times in total.

Re: Hello!  

By: Edward Senkondo on March 7, 2019, 6:55 a.m.

Hello

My name is Edward Senkondo, a fisheries research scientist working with Tanzania Fisheries Research Institute. 

I am very interested to join the Education and Science Communication online journal club.

Cheers

By: Mami Kuokor Odoom on March 7, 2019, 9:05 p.m.

Hi,

My name is Mami Odoom.  I am currently undertaking my research with the Goethe University in Frankfurt and I am very happy to join this group.

I am very interested in the communication aspect.

Cheers,

Mami.

By: Maria Ramila Jimenez on March 8, 2019, 12:53 a.m.

I am from the Philippines and I would like to join this club.

By: Benjamin Akinmoyeje on March 11, 2019, 12:46 p.m.

Hello Everyone, I am super excited to be here, I am a new researcher struggling with writing my research proposal. I hope I can gain the necessary writing skills by joining this group. My name is Benjamin Akinmoyeje, an Informatics research-based postgraduate student. Presently located in Windhoek, Namibia.

Regards,

Benjamin

By: BAFFOUR OHENE AGYEKUM on March 13, 2019, 5:43 p.m.

Hello Commarades,

Am Baffour Ohene Agyekum, an Assistant Librarian at Kumasi Technical University Ghana. Very excited to be part of you.

Kind regards

Baffour

Re: Welcome to the Education and Science Communication Journal Club!  

By: Saraswati on March 20, 2019, 12:01 a.m.

Hi everybody,

I am Saraswati Bhandari,a lecturer working at Bir Hospital Nursing Campus. I am very much happy to be a part of the Education and Science Communication Journal Club. 

Cheers!

Saraswati Bhandari

Nepal

By: Andy Nobes on March 20, 2019, 10:50 a.m.

Hi everyone,

Welcome to week 1 of this journal club.

We invite your comments on the first discussion paper - please see this post:

https://forums.authoraid.info/forum/education-science-communication-journal-club-47/topic/journal-club-discussion-identifying-key-features-of-effective-active-learning-the-effects-of-writing-and-peer-discussion-2020/

Best wishes

Andy

Andy Nobes

Forum Administrator

By: Oluwafemi on April 14, 2019, 10:16 p.m.

Hi everyone,I am Femmy from Nigeria, a student of Chemistry. Will like to join the this great company and will be happy to have mentors in the field of environmental Chemistry. Thanks