Welcome to the LIS & Bibliometrics Online Journal Club ¶
By: Andy Nobes on May 10, 2019, 10:08 a.m.
Welcome to the AuthorAID LIS & Bibliometrics Journal Club!
This journal club covers themes including Library Information Science (LIS), bibliometrics, scientometrics, scholarly publishing, knowledge management/production, and related topics.
Every two weeks we will introduce a new paper and critically analyse both the strengths/weaknesses of the paper and also it's content and practical application.
- WhatsApp group: We will use this group for informal discussion and quick communication (click here to join - requires WhatsApp mobile or desktop app).
- AuthorAID forum group: We will use this for formal analysis and discussion that can be permanently referenced; and as a hub for storing resources, learning materials
After a quick straw poll amongst the initial group of members, the following research/professional interests have been highlighted:
- Knowledge/information management x6
- Open access publishing x 6
- Information literacy x4
- Geopolitics of academic writing x4
- Institutional repositories x3
- Scientometrics x 2
- Bibliometrics x 2
- Health information literacy x3
- Research data management x3
- Social media x3
- LIS in Africa x 3
- Electronic resources x2
- Digitization and curation x 2
- Academic librarianship x2
- English as lingua Franca x2
- Reference management
- Library automation,
- Artificial intelligence,
- Health Systems
- library ergonomics
- Information assurance/information security
- Library digital technologies and services, electronic
- Organisational behaviour
- Gender issues
- Reading culture
- Open data
- Open Science
- Research support
- Scholarly communications
- Online science tools
- Indigenous knowledge
- Health science librarianship
- Other scientific topics x5*
*If your thematic focus is different from the above, don't worry - we will also be discussing 'cross-cutting' issues which you may find very useful.
Please feel free to introduce yourself below.
Last edited by: Andy Nobes on May 10, 2019, 10:20 a.m., edited 1 time in total.